Raw Choc Hazelnut Cheesecake
Posted: 27 July 2023
This year, we wanted a birthday cake that would tantalise our taste buds without compromising our commitment to a healthier lifestyle. So, we turned to the brilliant mind of nutritionist and culinary artist, Erin Hall, also known as @longevity_nutritionist. With her expertise, Erin created this Raw Choc Hazelnut Cheesecake—a guilt-free delight that makes your taste buds sing with joy.
A birthday celebration calls for an extraordinary cake, but this year, we sought a guilt-free treat that tastes heavenly. So, we turned to Erin Hall from @longevity_nutritionist who did not disappoint with this Raw Choc Hazelnut Cheesecake.
The crust's delightful combination of macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, and cacao powder sets the stage, while the filling steals the show with soaked hazelnuts, organic maple syrup, and creamy coconut oil infused with cacao. This cheesecake is a nutritional powerhouse, providing heart-healthy fats, antioxidants, and refined sugar-free sweetness.
Head to the recipe below to satisfy your sweet-tooth all while nourishing your body with the nutrient-dense ingredients you’ll find in this delicious Raw Choc Hazelnut Cheesecake.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan
For the crust:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 16 hazelnuts
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquified
For the filling:
- 220g hazelnuts, soaked and strained
- 1 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquified
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 100g 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200g dark chocolate goji berries
- 100g dark chocolate macadamia
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
Recipe: Raw Choc Hazelnut Cheesecake
1. Begin by pre-soaking the filling hazelnuts. Place the hazelnuts in a large bowl and pour in boiling water. Allow to soak for 20 minutes, then strain and set aside while you work on the crust.
2. Add all crust ingredients to a high-speed food processor. Blend until you have a sticky crumble consistency. Transfer to a 23cm springform pan and press the crust down firmly and evenly. Place in the freezer and begin the filling.
3. Add all filling ingredients including strained hazelnuts to a high-speed blender. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth. Pour filling mixture over the crust, spreading evenly using a spatula.
4. Top with chocolate chunks, chocolate covered macadamias, chocolate covered goji berries, hazelnuts and cacao nibs.
5. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Decorate with fresh flowers if desired and serve directly from the freezer. Keep leftovers in the freezer