Banana Blueberry Cake: Grow the Grin
Posted: 21 September 2021
Nourish your way through the early days of Spring with this delicious Banana Blueberry recipe by Grow the Grin.
Grow the Grin (Holly Dyson) is a plant-based wholefood recipe creator based out of Byron Bay, Australia. The Grow the Grin philosophy is based on the belief, that we should never have to restrict, control, or feel shame with eating. Holly's recipes reflect her belief that food should be wholesome, luscious and plantifull. Nourish your way through the early days of Spring with this delicious Banana Blueberry recipe by Grow the Grin.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 45-50 minutes
2 cups banana (mashed) - this is about 5-6 medium sized bananas, riper the better.
2/3 cup plant milk
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 6 tbsp water (set aside for 5 minutes)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 cups spelt flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup frozen/fresh blueberries
1. Pre heat oven to 170C/340F.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients (except apple cider vinegar), into a bowl and whisk until combined. Alternatively you can pulse together in a high speed blender.
3. In a large bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients in and mix until combined. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Then mix in the apple cider vinegar. Fold in the blueberries, saving a few for the top.
4. I like to rub a little coconut oil over the cake pan. Then pour the batter into the cake pan, and top with some more blueberries.
5. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Allow too cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy with some coconut yoghurt.
Recipe by @growthegrin