Wholesome Apple Crumble @_alexandraking
Posted: 07 September 2021
To complement the extension of our French linen Dining Range, Alex has put together a wonderful, wholesome recipe for our community to enjoy alongside some of our new Dining pieces.
Alex is a degree-qualified Clinical Nutritionist (BHSc), amateur recipe developer, and lover of delicious, real food. Alex's passion is to inspire her community to create 'real food' with 'real ingredients'. To complement the extension of our French linen Dining Range, Alex has put together a wonderful, wholesome recipe for our community to enjoy alongside some of our new Dining pieces.
Apple and blueberry base:
4 green apples peeled and sliced
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees fan forced and lightly grease a baking dish 25 x 30 cm.
2. Place all the fruit base ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and allow to soften whilst stirring occasionally.
3. Whilst the fruit is cooking, prepare the crumble. Mix all the crumble ingredients in a bowl, use your hands to mix it all together and ensure the melted coconut oil is evenly distributed.
4. Once the fruit is nice and soft, pour into the prepared baking dish, then pour the crumble mixture on top, lightly patting it down so it is nice and smooth.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve hot with coconut yoghurt and enjoy x
Recipe by @_alexandraking