VINTAGE 'Mahalo' hand stitched quilt
- Entirely made by hand
- One of a kind design
- Works on queen/double/single bed
- Thousands of tiny hand stitches
This charming textile is totally unique, crafted by hand with thousands of tiny stitches, and will look amazing dressed on your bed, couch, or thrown over a statement chair.
Your vintage kantha quilt is made entirely by hand by artisan weavers, using age old techniques and the fabrics are noted for their beautiful eye-catching designs. The prints look incredible in the bedroom, adding an amazing splash of colour and happiness to your decor.
- It also doubles as a perfect couch throw to style up your loungeroom - we love the multi-use benefits of Kantha quilts! Made from 100% cotton. This is a quilt or 'bed cover' that you throw over your bed as a decorative bed end, so it's perfect for as you don't need a quilt to be inserted into it.
- Will work perfectly for a QUEEN or a DOUBLE or a SINGLE BED as a quilt to drape as a bed cover It measures approx. 210cm across the bed and 140cm long so designed as a cover for 3/4 of your bed
How to style it?
We opted to keep the bed fresh in plain white linen but you could mix this in with Blush, Navy, or White as well as Warm Grey.
Layer it at the end of your bed to fit snugly or style it more loosely across the bed like a throw.
This is a VINTAGE quilt and because it's a vintage piece that we've sourced it's beautiful and unique
You are very lucky to own such a beautiful textile! The tiny stitches show that they're clearly done by hand and this is part of the charm of a vintage kantha quilt. All vintage quilts are made by layering 7 layers of vintage textiles on each other, giving you a design on top and a different design on the bottom.
Each vintage quilt has been carefully sourced personally by Lauren the designer on her trip to India and so she only approved ‘first class’ quality fabrics. However, there may be a small odd stitching, patch/mark etc which to be honest adds to the charm of the design and this is all part and parcel of sourcing vintage fabrics like this. Please look at the photos carefully to note any patches.
Treat this beauty carefully to preserve the hand stitching and vibrant colours
- Cold machine soak on its own (do not let the colours bleed)
- Use gentle liquid detergent
- Line dry in the shade to avoid the colour fading
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other I Love Linen users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.