1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced, line 2 baking trays with baking paper and place the cauliflower florets evenly over the trays. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the trays in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway, or until cauliflower is golden.
2. In a large pot over a medium to high heat, add 3 tbsp olive oil, the onion and garlic and cook until the onions are soft and translucent, roughly 4 minutes.
3. Add the cinnamon, cumin and cauliflower to the pot and stir well to coat the cauliflower with the spices.
4. Add the stock or broth to the pot and stir all the contents well. Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and leave for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the soup contents to a blender carefully (once cooled), season with salt and pepper, add in the lemon juice and butter (optional) and blend until smooth and creamy, taste the soup and add salt and pepper to your liking.
6. Serve with crispy sourdough toast, garnish with parsley or have as is and enjoy!
Recipe by @_alexandraking