"I absolutely love fermenting, it's been a passion of mine for a such a long time. Not only do I love that when foods are fermented they become more digestible and better for you but I also love more intricate flavours that develop over time. When I first tasted fermented chilli sauce, I was amazed the at the softer, more mellow flavour and delicious aroma. From my first taste, I realised that this sauce would be a staple in our house and something we now use almost everyday! We particularly love serving this chilli sauce with dumplings but it also lends itself well to tacos, rice paper rolls, rice dishes, fish dishes and is even delicious drizzled over avocado toast with a sprinkle of goats cheese. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!"
- Aysha, Owner Kinfolk & Co
300g chillies (mixed varieties)
1 cup coriander leaves
5 garlic cloves
2-3cm piece of chopped ginger
1 tbsp salt
500ml olive oil
1. Remove green tops from chillies and seeds if you prefer less heat in your sauce.
2. Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until just combined.
3. Pour the liquid into a sterilised glass jar ensuring there is at least 1-2 inches of air below the lid as the chilli sauce will expand as it ferments.
4. Store the jar in a cool, dark place for around 2 weeks before transferring to the fridge.